Magic square and cube research and resources
Resources from research into magic squares and cubes undertaken while constructing cubeLife include:
- A magic square generator and validators, built into a webapp at squares.cubelife.org
- A simple formula for the number of unique positions in a magic square matrix
- A history of magic squares (in progress)
Earlier resources—Java applets are no longer supported in web browswers:
- cubeExplorer, an applet for viewing individual magic cubes in 3D.
- an earlier applet for viewing individual magic cubes.
8 symmetrical order 4 squares: magic line animations (older work)
Left: 8 symmetrical order 4 magic lines.
Right: the same magic lines superimposed.